Teva Dalea Mid eVent Walking Boot for Women
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Dalea Mid eVent Walking Boot for Women
Teva says:"Women's specific last, platform and design, the Dalea Mid eVent is a light hiking shoe, which is perfectly suited for casual day hikes all the way to overnight trips. The Dalea provides the grip, fit, protection and comfort to get you down the trail with shoes made for women."
Features to Note:
- Full grain nubuck and suede leather upper with Scotchguard stain protection
- eVent waterproof/breathable membrane
- Moulded sockliner with enhanced comfort foam technology
- Nylonshank for torsional rigidity and stability
- External Shoc Pad for enhanced shock absorption
- Vibram rubber outsole for versatile traction
The Teva Dalea Mid eVent is a low cut, attractive looking walking boot. My first observation was the the sizing is certainly on the small side and relatively narrow - I needed a pair a full size bigger than I would normally have in footwear of this type.
Once on, though, the Dalea were very comfortable from the off. I felt that my heels were securely held and the generously padded sole, scree and tongue were very appealing.
I have worn them during some short (but heavy) periods of rain on mostly grassy or asphalt surfaces during the Autumn/Winter - my feet have been perfectly dry and comfortable. The tongue is bellowed (ie there is some webbing connecting the tongue to the side of the main boot) though I did think this could have been a little longer to really be sure of keeping out very heavy, prolonged rain or snow.
The Dalea is cut low which was fine for low level/valley walking but I prefer a higher cut style giving more ankle support for more hilly or mountain walking. Likewise, whilst there is some toe protection, I prefer something more robust for higher level walking or walking on rocky terrain. The Vibram outer sole did a good job in proving traction on wet grass and mud. The external shoc pad (technology which Teva have pioneered in their sandals) did work well over the (relatively soft) terrain on which I was walking.
Whilst there is not enough ankle support or toe protection for walking on rocky and/or unstable terrain, the Dalea is certainly a fine option for low level walking over softer ground. You may be particularly interested in these if you have found footwear from other manufacturers a little too wide.
Have you got a Teva Dalea Mid eVent Walking Boots for Women?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Teva Dalea Mid eVent Walking Boots for Women - so we can publish your important views below.
• I was lucky enough to win a pair of these in a competition and I love them! I walk 4 miles every morning and these are just so comfy. Normally I have problems with the inside heel wearing away really quickly and rubbing badly, but I haven't had this problem with these. They didn't really need wearing in, and they are sturdy and water resistant. If they wear out I'll be tempted to buy another pair (although they don't seem to be doing so after a year!)
Sophie Carr, London