Karrimor KSB Softshell Mid eVent Walking Boot for Men and Women
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
KSB Softshell Mid eVent Walking Boot for Men and Women
Features to Note:
- Upper - Softshell & Welded Support
- Liner - eVent®
- Outer Sole - Vibram Quest®
- Memory Foam
- Asymmetrical tongue
- Mini-speed lacing
The boots fitted quite well although I found the heel cup to be a little big. (I believe Karrimor do use a relatively high volume last.) The lacing system was ok but there isn't a locking eyelet so it was hard to get the optimum tightness in both toe area and around my ankles.
These are low cut, relatively light and quite flexible boots which provided good traction on grass and mud. However, I did think the soles were not quite substantial enough nor was there enough toe protection when I was walking over rougher ground.
On the plus side, my feet were warm and dry throughout the day. even when walking through some pretty wet grass. I haven't yet had opportunity to wear them in really heavy rain - encouragingly though there's really very little stitching on the uppers which is often the place where rain can get in.
These are a good option for low level walking - for example Surrey, South Downs or perhaps lower level paths in the Lake District - particularly if you need a higher volume boot. However, you will need something more substantial if you are going up any big mountains.
Have you got a Karrimor KSB Softshell Mid eVent Walking Boots for Men and Women?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Karrimor KSB Softshell Mid eVent Walking Boots for Men and Women - so we can publish your important views below.
• Lasted about 5 months before all the glue started to fail and the toe guard started to peel. I got them very cheap in the sale, and did job i wanted them for so not too bothered but I would avoid.
Gary Daniels, Manchester
• Bought a pair off Amazon and due to shoddy workmanship and lack of quality control the uppermost lace hook had been inserted along a material join line. The stitching had split so I had to return them. The second pair I got were no better as the toe-cap had not been glued properly and was already coming away. Sent an email to Karrimor who were not overly helpful. As far as performance goes I have no idea as I haven't even worn them yet! Thought it would be good to support british but they are made in China anyway...
Tom Knight, Wrexham
• I have worn these boots for a few days and allready they are falling apart , the rubber rand is coming away from the sole and the bonded rubber parts are just unpeeling from the softshell material . They also make my feet sweat a lot . softshell offers very little protection although it is very light more like a running shoe . Not impressed
Ian Parkes, Liskeard