Regatta Cross Stones XLT Walking Boot for Men
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Cross Stones XLT Walking Boot for Men
Features to Note:
- ATL durable water repellancy
- Isotex water-proof, windproof fabric
- XLT - extra lightweight
- EVA-Ergo footbed inc heel shock absorption
- Suede and mesh upper
- Water resistant Atl treated leather
- Isotex waterproof and breathable footwear - seam sealed with breathable internal membrane bootee liner
- Wicking lining - draws moisture away from the foot
- Deep padded collar and tongue
- Rubberised toe and heel bumpers
- X-LT sole technology - engineered to offer the best in weight saving technology
- Lightweight nylon shank
- EVA comfort footbed
- Compression moulded EVA midsole - lightweight shock absorbing layer under foot
- Lightweight carbon rubber outsole - hardwearing durable outsole with a specially developed multi-directional cleat pattern
The Regatta Cross Stones XLT is a relatively low cut, light, fabric walking boot which I've worn for a variety of low level Autumn walks on mainly wet grass, mud and asphalt and the occasional stonier pathway.
There are no half sizes, so I found myself wearing a half size larger than normal. However, it was easy to compensate to some extent by judicious choice of sock. That having been said, once on my feet were kept warm and dry throughout.
Overall the boot is easy to wear - the tongue and cuff are quite nicely padded and the footbed ensured my feet were comfortable over the mainly soft terrain on which I was walking. The traction over mud and wet grass was also fine.
However, by virtue of the low cut design there is little ankle support nor is there much toe protection in what is also a very flexible boot.
Whist the Regatta Cross Stones is too flexible and lacking in ankle support for stoney or rough mountain paths, it is nonetheless a good value option as a light weight boot for canal towpaths or other low level walking.
Have you got a Regatta Cross Stones XLT Walking Boots for Men?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Regatta Cross Stones XLT Walking Boots for Men - so we can publish your important views below.
• I agree with the other comments regarding size as I had to get a size larger to accommodate as my normal size were tight. Not worn these in the wet yet so can't comment on waterproof. However I had these on all day when climbing Blencathra via Sharp Edge and found no problems with grip or comfort.
Stephen Ellaby, Wigan