Hi-tec St Moritz 200 Walking Boot for Women
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
St Moritz 200 Walking Boot for Women
Features to Note:
- Waterproof suede leather and mesh upper
- 200gms Thinsulate™ insulation
- Metal top hooks and Ghilley lacing system
- Abrasion heel and toecap for protection
- Faux-fur linings for warmth
- Comfort-Tec contoured sockliner
- Board lasted with steel shank for added rigidity and support
- CMEVA midsole for cushioning
- Winter traction, siped outsole rubber design
Hi-Tec classify the St Moritz as a 'snow-boot' and whilst I've not had opportunity yet to try it out for walking in snowy conditions, I have tried it out in some cold, wet and windy late Autumn weather.
It's a faux-fur lined, calf-length boot. The shoe component is really quite sturdy; the sole has a surprising level of longitudinal stiffness and features 3mm lugs in the base.
It's effectively a pull-on boot - the lacing is there to allow some final adjustment in fit across the foot. There is also a rather substantial rubber bumper all around the foot with additional re-inforcement at the toe and heel.
I was wearing a size larger than is my usual - partly because it is a small fit and also because there are no half sizes.
Once on, I found that they were very comfortable and certainly lovely and warm. The footbed/midsole construction provided a good level of cushioning and support. I've been very comfortable walking 5 miles or so in them around some Cheshire country lanes, woodland trails and canal tow paths ... as well as wearing them for extended periods on asphalt/tarmac roads. They've kept my feet dry (and warm) in some quite heavy and prolonged rain and the traction over wet grass, asphalt and mud has been very good. I'm looking forward to trying them out in snowier/icier conditions.
This is an 'apres-hill' boot particularly in snowy/icy conditions, having said that though, I've used Hi-Tec's St Moritz boot for walking around country lanes, forest trails, canal tow paths. Great for leisure wear in snowy, cold weather. Check the sizing though, particularly if you plan to wear them with thicker walking socks.
Have you got a Hi-tec St Moritz 200 Walking Boots for Women?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Hi-tec St Moritz 200 Walking Boots for Women - so we can publish your important views below.
• Love these boots so much. They are comfy, warm, supportive and rlook great on. I wear them on a daily basis, they tuck into skinny jeans and go under boot leg jeans. I can't fault their appearance and comfort. They have been warm and dry in the snow too. They are on the small size, all Hi Tec boots are. I go up half a size. My socks are ski socks. My 7 year old daughter liked my boots so much we got a pair for her. Hers have pom-poms on the laces though! Warm and dry for her too. Fab, fab, fab!
Amanda Jefford, Fleet, Hampshire