Regatta Formation Mid XLT
Walking Boot for Men
Product Review / Walking Gear Test
Formation Mid XLT Walking Boot for Men
Sizes: 7-12 (Euro 41-47)
Features to Note:
- Suede and mesh upper
- Water resistant Atl treated leather
- Isotex waterproof and breathable footwear - seam sealed with breathable internal membrane bootee liner
- Deep padded collar and tongue
- Rubberised toe and heel bumpers
- Ankle torsion bar for added support
- X-ert moulded exoskeleton stability support
- EVA comfort footbed
- Lightweight nylon shank
- X-LT sole technology - engineered to offer the best in weight saving technology
- Internal lightweight shock absorbing midsole layer
- Lightweight carbon rubber outsole - hardwearing, durable outsole with a specially developed multi-directional cleat pattern
I've worn the Regatta Formation mid XLT walking boots for a variety of low level, spring walking in Shropshire.
My normal shoe size is ten and a half - however I was wearing a size 11 pair which fitted well with my normal walking socks although I did find getting the laces tight enough a little difficult. However, once on my heels were held securely and overall my feet were comfortable throughout the day albeit a little hot on some warmer days.
I was particularly impressed with the 'grip' of the soles - I felt really secure on a variety of muddy slopes and wet rock.
I'd prefer a boot with a higher cut ankle and so more ankle support for higher level walking or walking on very rocky ground.
There is quite a lot of stitching on the top - which may reduce the water-proofness in very heavy rain although in our testing (light rain, lots of wet grass) there was no problem. There is a good rubberised 'bumper' which should help with durability and the sole provided good traction.
Overall the Regatta Formation mid XLTs are a flexible, light weight pair of walking boots ideal for year round low level walking although they may be a little warm in hot weather. You'll need something with more ankle and toe support, though, for higher level mountain walking.
Stop Press! If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Palm or Blackberry you can now use it to download and see this Regatta Formation Mid XLT product review and gear test with go4awalk Mobile. Simply enter www.go4awalk.com into your iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Palm or Blackberry's internet browser (e.g. Safari) and follow the on-screen links.
What do you think?
Have you got/bought Regatta Formation Mid XLT Walking Boots for Men?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with our verdict - or feel we've neglected an important feature.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Regatta Formation Mid XLT Walking Boots for Men - so we can publish your important views below.
• Great shoe for trekking, not higher mountain walking ekpt waterproof and comfortable. One issue is that is dificult to get them on tight as the laces keep snapping on the metal eyelet at the top
D Moore, Dublin