Meindl Respond Mid XCR Walking Boot for Men and Women
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Respond Mid XCR Walking Boot for Men and Women
Features to Note:
- UpperMaterial:Velour leather/Mesh
- Lining: GORE-TEX extended comfort
- Footbed: Air Active
- Sole: Meindl Contagrip Trail
Meindl's Respond Mid XCR is a really quite attractive-looking, light weight multi-acitivity shoe that I've been using for low level hill walking as well as more general urban walking.
The fit was good - I was wearing my normal shoe size and they were very comfortable on my first wearing. I've been wearing them during the Autumn and my feet have been comfortably warm. There is meshing on the uppers which may perhaps make them a little less warm for summer walking than is usually the case with Gore-tex lined footwear. However - I also found that after prolonged walking through some very wet, long grass - there appeared to have been some seepage through the meshing areas.
I appreciated the slightly stiiffened toe-box and toe rand over some of the more stonier terrain I encountered.
Overall the Respond Mid XCR have many of the features of what I'd call a 'super trainer' (great comfort, light weight, more contemporary styling) with the additional ankle support plus extremely well designed footbed of a more traditional walking boot.
Meindl describe the Respond Mid XCR as an entry level walking boot - and I think that's pretty accurate. A very comfortable option for low level walking in drier conditions, they are fine for more general leisure use as well.
Have you got a Meindl Respond Mid XCR Walking Boots for Men and Women?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Meindl Respond Mid XCR Walking Boots for Men and Women - so we can publish your important views below.
• Having had difficulty for years trying to find comfortable walking boots, I bought a pair of Meindl Respond Lady Mid XCR + a pair of insoles early August last year as these were the most comfortable fit available in the store which did do a very thorough fitting service for me. They were extremely comfortable for 6 months but tightened up on the left side of my left foot which is my most sensitive area. I took them back to be stretched and it was pointed out that the sole was well worn. As the boots were only 8 months old it did not occur to me to look for wear so I have sent them back under complaint.
I reckon I have walked about 700 miles in them, 50% on roads and 50% grass / pathways.
Am I being unreasonable to expect boots to last for at least 1 year or is this the norm. I have had 1 - 3 years from all my previous boots.
For 6 months they were very comfortable.
David Baldwin, Milnthorpe
• Great boot. .Have worn on a regular basis well over a year, from day to day dog walking to walking the 3 peaks in one day and the best boots ive ever bowt!!..Have 2 pairs of leather 3-4 season boots and one pair still in the box, i find these the most comfy of boots and always choose these over my others. On very wet days going up down screes wen the terrain gets a tad rough then find the leather stiffer boot better but for fast fell walking these take sum beating..
Andrew Perigo, Bingley