Source Widepac hydration system Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Widepac hydration system Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas
Features to Note:
- Wide slide opening
- Made from Source's own glass-like film which also reduces bacterial build up
- Grunge guard - antimicrobial technology
- Helix on/off bite valve plus dust cover
Source's Widepac hydration system has the features that fans (and I am one) have found as standard in other products in this range.
Opening and closing the sac is via a simple, easy to use slide. There's a dust cover on the bite valve which also incorporates a simple twist closure mechanism ... so no inadvertent emptying of the sac by accidentally sitting on the tube. It's simple to detach the sac from the tube so you can leave the tube threaded through in your daypack/backpack whilst you refill. The bite valve works well and after several months regular use is still showing no signs of wear. I've never noticed any transfer of taste from the sac/tube material to the liquid and - best of all - so far no sign of any grunge build up at all.
In this case the hydration sac also has an extra wide opening which makes it even easier to clean plus it is roomy enough to allow you to add ice-cubes in warmer weather. There are also capacity marks so you can monitor your fluid intake.
Drinking enough liquid is important as you start to walk longer distances and a good hydration system makes this much easier. Source's Widepac is one of the best we've seen.
Have you got a Source Widepac hydration system Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Source Widepac hydration system Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas - so we can publish your important views below.
• I had two hydration bottles now, the first was hard to clean and became unusable with grunge. I bought a Source wide pac, its easy to clean and flush even the tube. I used a weak solution of baby's Milton steriliser. Bingo no problems except keeping the bag open to dry and that I solved by using a wooden ruler with one end rounded and smooth
Mike Durrans, Barnstaple
• It is exactly as it says on the pack. No detectable taste of plastic. Easy to use robust mouthpiece with on/off facility and cover. Extremely easy to empty, clean and dry. It will be extremely difficult to improve on this product. Well worth the small extra cost.
Richard Cage, Cheshire
• I held off buying one of these for a long time, discouraged by reports of what a faff they were to keep clean but gave in recently before a long 2 day trip. I'm pleasantly surprised by how easy this is to maintain, thanks to the wide neck. It supplies good tasting water on demand, and the on/off system and dirt cap keep it all fresh and with the water in the right place. The hose clicks off easily without water loss when you need a refill. All in all a good piece of kit - I'm not sorry to do away with an annoying bottle flopping about on my rucksack webbing.
Tom Gardner, Gauldry