Vango Storm Shelter 400 Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Storm Shelter 400 Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas
Vango says:"An essential piece of safety gear for all seasons, the Storm Shelter is an instant refuge from sudden changes in weather. Standard kit for hill walking, alpinism and winter mountaineering, especially in the UK. Simply pull it out for lunch breaks, instructional sessions or map reading, and if necessary it will prove irreplaceable in extreme, survival situations."
Features to Note:
- Protex Dura 3000 nylon body - lightweight, waterproof and reliable
- Taped seams - total, long lasting protection
- PU Window - allows maximum light in as well as outside viewing
- Waterproof seats - prevents clothing from getting wet and keeps shelter secured to the ground when sat on
- Mesh Vent - keeps air circulating, even when full
- Bright Orange with reflective strips - aids visibility in poor weather or at night
- Drawcord at hem - keeps wind out and body generating heat in
- Integral Storage Bag - keeps shelter neat and tidy, ready for the next emergency
This is essentially an alternative to the traditional large plastic emergency survival bags we have all been carrying around in the bottom of our rucksacs for years. Depending on the size you choose you can get two, four or eight people inside, all nice and dry and out of the wind. This is good for morale and heat retention, and a lot more comfortable than the traditional survival bag. There is a two windows plastic windows though they do not offer much of a view of the outside, particularly when it is raining hard - but it is wind-proof and waterproof and will certainly help you survive until a storm subsides or you are located by the rescue services.
This essential piece of kit is a must for anyone walking in the high mountains during the winter months. More than a potential life saver, the Vango Storm Shelter 400 is a perfect place for a moral boosting lunch stop, a rest out of the rain and wind or for a serious consult of the map on even the most foul weather days. Don't go out without one.
Have you got a Vango Storm Shelter 400 Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Vango Storm Shelter 400 Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas - so we can publish your important views below.