Peak Bagging and Mountain/Hill Tick Lists for the UK Scenic Areas
England and Wales has a number of mountainous and hilly areas that are not contained with the 15 UK National Parks.
For the purposes of Peak Bagging we have arbitrarily drawn up and named these areas using the natural contours of the landscape to create a number of 'Scenic Areas'. These are based loosely on the some of the 46 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the UK.
As this feature develops we will be adding more areas to cover all the high ground in England and Wales.
- The North Pennines (England)
Cross Fell, Great Dun Fell, Bink Moss . . .
- The South Pennines & The Forest of Bowland (England)
Pendle Hill, Winter Hill, Ilkely Moor . . .
- The Shropshire Hills (England)
The Long Mynd, Stiperstones, Caer Caradoc, The Wrekin . . .
- The Central Cambrian Mountains (Wales)
Pen Pumlumon Fawr (Plynlimon), Pen Pumlumon Arwystli . . .
- The South West Cambrian Mountains (Wales)
Drygarn Fawr, Gorllwyn (Pen y Gorllwyn) . . .
- The South Eastern Cambrian Mountains (Wales)
Great Rhos, Black Mixen, Bache Hill . . . . . .