Walk c267 Haycock, Iron Crag, Lank Rigg and Grike from Ennerdale Water
Excellent high level well away from the crowds
Route outline for walk c267:
Ennerdale Weir - Ennerdale Water - Silver Cove Beck - Woundell Beck - Little Gowder Crag - Haycock - Caw Fell - Silver Cove - Iron Crag - Whoap - Lank Rigg - Crag Fell - Grike - Ennerdale Weir
Peaks, Summits and Tops reached on this walk:
Peak Bagging Statistics for this walk:
The highest point of this walk is Haycock at 797m (2616ft). Haycock is classified as an English Mountain (Hewitt) (44th highest in England, 81st highest in England & Wales) and a Wainwright (No. 36). Haycock is also known as an English Nuttall (51st highest in England, 97th highest in England & Wales).
Completing this walk will also take you to the top of Little Gowder Crag at 733m (2406ft). Little Gowder Crag is also known as an English Nuttall (99th highest in England, 170th highest in England & Wales).
You will also reach the summit of Caw Fell at 697m (2288ft). Caw Fell is classified as an Wainwright (No. 91). Caw Fell is also known as an English Nuttall (136th highest in England, 225th highest in England & Wales).
Along the way you will also bag:
- Iron Crag at 640m (2100ft). Iron Crag is classified as an English Mountain (Hewitt) (151st England, 258th Eng & Wal) and an English Nuttall (200th highest in England, 348th highest in England & Wales).
- Lank Rigg at 541m (1775ft). Lank Rigg is classified as a Wainwright (No. 153) and an English Dewey (92nd highest in England, 209th highest in England & Wales) The summit of Lank Rigg is marked by an Ordnance Survey Trig Point.
- Crag Fell at 523m (1716ft). Crag Fell is classified as a Wainwright (No. 163) and an English Dewey (131st highest in England, 299th highest in England & Wales)
- Whoap at 511m (1677ft). Whoap is known as an English Bridget.
- Grike at 488m (1602ft). Grike is classified as a Wainwright (No. 178)
You can find more walks near this one on these unique free-to-access Interactive Walk Planning Maps: (click/TAP to select)
1:25,000 scale OS Explorer Map (the ones with orange/yellow covers):
1:50,000 scale OS Landranger Map (the ones with pink/magenta covers):
Some Photos and Pictures from Walk c267 Haycock, Iron Crag, Lank Rigg and Grike from Ennerdale Water
In no particular order . . .
Send us your photographs and pictures from your walks and hikes
We would love to see your walk photographs and pictures walk c267 Haycock, Iron Crag, Lank Rigg and Grike from Ennerdale Water. Please send them as email attachments (configured for any computer) along with your name to:
and we shall do our best to publish them.
(Guide Resolution = 300dpi. At least = 660 pixels (wide) x 440 pixels (high).)
You can also submit photos from walk c267 Haycock, Iron Crag, Lank Rigg and Grike from Ennerdale Water via our Facebook Page.
NB. Please indicate where each photo was taken.