Bridgedale Trekker Walking and Hiking Socks for Men
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Trekker Walking and Hiking Socks for Men
Features to Note:
- Double cuff, soft grip support
- Dense wool rich, cushion loop lining
- MMS® moisture management system
- Lycra® ankle and arch support
- ShockZones® protection padding
- Forward-Flex technology
- Flat toe seams
- Fibre Content: 41% New Wool, 37% Nylon, 21% Isofil®, 1% Lycra®
Very comfortable with great cushioning and moisture control. With MMS®, the trekker offers high levels of wicking and maximises the performance of breathable waterproof footwear.
Washed well with no bobbling. Incidentally, to prevent the wool drying out Bridgedale recommend handwashing your socks every 6 months, with 5mls of olive oil added to the water.
To keep your feet dry and help prevent abrasion damage and blisters, Bridgedale have designed their own Moisture Management System (MMS®).
Bridgedale's MMS® technology helps to transport moisture away from the skin via transferring yarns, to an outer absorbent layer. The moisture is held in this layer allowing the feet to breath. Locking the moisture away from the skin enables feet to remain warm, dry, blister-free and comfortable.
Recommended for Mountaineering, Trekking, Backpacking, Trail Hiking and Leisure Walks.
Good sock at a good price. Great cushioning and moisture control.
Have you got a Bridgedale Trekker Walking and Hiking Socks for Men?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Bridgedale Trekker Walking and Hiking Socks for Men - so we can publish your important views below.
• Having bought a pair of these I am now a convert to Bridgedale socks. I find these socks provide good cushioning and ventilation. I am fortunate in not having "hot" feet, but I suspect that these would be great if your feet do run hot. They are well shaped to fit your foot without annoying slack and long enough to tuck your trousers into. They wash well without problems of bobbling or shrinkage. I have also bought their summer weight socks which are excellent when it is warm.
Tom Gardner, Gauldry