Paramo Trekker Hoodie Mid Layer
Product Review & Walking Gear Test
Trekker Hoodie Mid Layer
Paramo says:"High performance men's or ladies' hooded base layer for year round outdoor activities. Can be worn next to skin or as part of a layering system. Reversible design ensures effective insulation as well as exceptional moisture management, assuring year round comfort during the widest range of activities. Comfortable hoodie style provides full two-way zip for ventilation, hood for head protection and two pockets for storage. Ideal to combine with the P�ramo Fuera Peak Windproof Jacket"
Features to Note:
- Head protection from hood - stays in place without obscuring vision.
- Two way zip for maximum ventilation options.
- Drawcord at waist for fit and to retain warmth when needed.
- Maximum freedom of movement with articulated arms.
- Simple elasticated cuff with popper combining excellent fit with ease of pushing up or rolling up.
- Designed to be worn next to the skin or as part of a layering system.
- Reversible fabric means two tops for the weight and price of one!
- Rapid drying, wind resistant and durable.
- 2 useful zipped pockets � for storage and/or handwarming � accessible even when the hoodie is reversed.
- The Ladies� Trekker Hoodie offers a Female specific design for comfort and a flattering fit
I've worn the Paramo Trekker hoodie on a number of occasions now - hill-walking, mountain biking and nordic walking during the UK Autumn. I've tended to wear it as part of a layering system with a separate base layer underneath. Material: The material is reversible and both 'sides' are very comfortable even when worn next to the skin. The insulation is good and the moisture-management properties are excellent. Apart from the feel of the softer side next to my skin, I really couldn't detect any difference in performance whichever way round I worn the hoodie. The look, though, is slightly different and I tended to opt for 'softer-side-in'
It washes well and dries quickly.
Fit/Design: I'm female, 5ft 7ins tall and of average build. I had a medium size. Obviously I tested the female version of the garment and I must say that the cut and fit were snug but very flattering.
Although I would have preferred a little more length in the arms, their articulated design did allow for good movement and the cuff fastening was neat.
I occasionally had a little difficulty getting the zip to engage first-time but apart from that the two-way zip system worked well and gives two options for managing ventilation - top-down or bottom-up.
The hood certainly does add to the thermal properties of the garment. It is neat and is effectively held in place when the jacket is fully zipped.
The design of Paramo's Trekker Hoodie design means that it looks good on the hill or on the High Street. So - although at £70 it's pricey - if you're looking for a stylish yet technically advanced garment that looks good anywhere - add this to your wardrobe.
Have you got a Paramo Trekker Hoodie Mid Layers?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with the verdict above - or feel an important feature has been negelected.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Paramo Trekker Hoodie Mid Layers - so we can publish your important views below.