Planning your walk
Failing to plan is as good as planning to fail, so plan your day in advance and you'll get the most out of it.
Here is a list of some things to think about before setting out
- when you print your go4awalk.com walk, print a second copy.
You can always leave this with someone responsible who can summon help if you fail to return as expected. However, don't leave these details visible in your car - it only encourages crime
- make use of local knowledge - ask about current conditions
- make sure your planned walk is within the capabilities of everyone in your party - including any pets
- is there enough daylight available to complete the walk?
- if the weather suddenly changes - do you have alternatives?
It is a good idea to print several go4awalk.com walks in a given area - you can decide which one to do depending on the weather conditions/your energy levels that morning
Whilst having all the right gear is essential, knowing how to use it is just as vital. Practice before hand