Y Lliwedd is on Peak Bagging Map and Hill Tick List:
If you LOG ON and then RELOAD this page it will display when you climbed, bagged and conquered Y Lliwedd, what the weather was like, who you went with and any other comments you might like to add to remind you of that fantastic day. And since you can also access your Personal Mountain & Hill Bagging Record via go4awalk Mobile you can quickly & easily record, edit and view your achievements - whether you are at home/work on your desktop computer or in the pub/at the top of a mountain with your iPhone, HTC Android or Blackberry Smart Phone. Furthermore, you can even download your Personal Mountain & Hill Bagging Record as a .csv file for importing into spreadsheet software such as Excel or NeoOffice. For more details see Your Personal Mountain, Top, Peak and Hill Bagging Record.
Fellow go4awalkers who have walked up, climbed & bagged Y Lliwedd
David Lane walked up Y Lliwedd on August 13th, 2002 [with] Kelly
Vince Wetton climbed Y Lliwedd on February 1st, 2011 [with] RTM
Kath Edwards, Chris Bede, Pete Howes, Anthony Charlson, Matthew Thomas, Steve Davenport and Victoria Bates have also all walked, climbed & bagged Y Lliwedd.
To add (or remove) your name and experiences on this page - Log On and edit your Personal Mountain Bagging Record
More Photographs & Pictures of views from, on or of Y Lliwedd. . . in no particular order
1. A RAF Helicopter above Y Lliwedd and the Watkin Path from Mount Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa)
Photo: Will Caesar (9)
2. On Snowdon with Y Lliwedd beyond
Photo: David Atherton (5)
3. Mount Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) & Y Lliwedd (left) and The Glyderau - Glyder Fach, Glyder Fawr & Tryfan (right) from Moel Penamnen
Photo: Dafydd Morgan (45)
4. The Snowdon Massif (Garnedd Ugain (Crib y Ddysgl), Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), Y Lliwedd & Yr Aran) and Llyn y Dywarchen from Mynydd Drws-y-coed
Photo: David Zuckerman (14)
5. The Snowdon Horseshoe from Glyder Fach - featuring in the mid-distance: Y Lliwedd (centre left), Crib Goch (centre right), Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) and Garnedd Ugain (Crib y Ddysgl) (far right)
Photo: Florence Belgravia (2)
6. The Snowdon Massif - featuring Garnedd Ugain (Crib y Ddysgl), Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), Bwlch Main, Llechog, Clogwyn Du and Y Lliwedd from Y Garn (Moel Hebog) with Llyn y Dywarchen and Rhyd Ddu in the valley below
Photo: David Zuckerman (6)
7. The Watkin Path on Bwlch Ciliau and Y Lliwedd from the top of the Scree Path close to the summit of Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa)
Photo: Gerald Murphy (8)
8. Y Lliwedd (East Top) and Y Lliwedd from The Miners' Track near Llyn Llydaw
Photo: Barry Lugg (18)
9. 360 degree view from Moel Penamnen summit featuring (from left to right): The Moelwyns - Moelwyn Bach, Craigysgafn & Moelwyn Mawr, Allt-fawr, Moel Druman & Ysgafell Wen, Moel Farlwyd (foreground above/left of blue lake), Yr Aran (pointed peak above Moel Farlwyd), Mount Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) & Y Lliwedd, The Glyderau - Glyder Fach, Glyder Fawr & Tryfan, Carnedd Moel Siabod, Y Ro Wen, Foel-fras (Moelwyns), Manod Mawr (above two light blue lakes) and The Arenigs - Arenig Fawr & Arenig Fach.
Photo: Dafydd Morgan (43)
10. Glaslyn with the shoulder of Y Lliwedd (left) and Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) on the right
Photo: Keith Paddison (1)
Send us your photographs and pictures on, of, or from Y Lliwedd
If you would like to add your walk photographs and pictures featuring views from, on or of Y Lliwedd to this page, please send them as email attachments (configured for any computer) along with your name to:
and we shall do our best to publish them.
(Guide Resolution = 300dpi. At least = 400pixels (wide) x 300 pixels (high).)
You can also submit photos via our Facebook Page.
NB. Please indicate where each photo was taken.
You can walk or hike Y Lliwedd with any of these 2 route maps:
Route Summary: - Pen y Pass, Pyg Track, Bwlch y Moch, Craig Fach, Crib Goch, Garnedd Ugain (Crib y Ddysgl), Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), The Scree Path, Bwlch y Saethau, Bwlch Ciliau, Y Lliwedd, Y Lliwedd (East Top), Lliwedd Bach, Miners' Track, Pen y Pass.
Route Summary: - Pen y Pass, Pyg Track, Bwlch y Moch, Craig Fach, Crib Goch, Garnedd Ugain (Crib y Ddysgl), Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa), The Scree Path, Bwlch y Saethau, Bwlch Ciliau, Y Lliwedd, Y Lliwedd (East Top), Lliwedd Bach, Gallt y Wenallt, Afon Glaslyn, Miners' Track, Pen y Pass.