Karrimor KSB D30 Pioneer eVent
Walking Boot for Men and Women
Product Review / Walking Gear Test
KSB D30 Pioneer eVent Walking Boot for Men and Women
Colours: Black/Charcoal Forest Green
Sizes: UK 6-14 (inc some half sizes)
Features to Note:
- Lugs : 4-5mm
- Upper: Synthetic upper with eVEnt waterproof lining
- Outer Sole: Synthetic
- Midsole: incorporates D30 cushioning
- Rear foot gel technology
- Rubberised toe & heel bumpers
The KSB D30 Pioneer Walking Boots from Karrimor are described by the manufacturer as three season walking boots suitable for walking anywhere from dales in The Peak District and the Yorkshire Dales to the mid - high mountains of The Lake District and Scotland. We carried out our tests doing some dale walking in the White Peak area of the Peak District.
Comfortable straight out of the box, Karrimor appears to use a higher volume last so I could wear two pairs or thickish walking socks without the boots feeling too tight or pinching (I take a UK 10 and a half).
The padded ankle is nice and high offering plenty of support (but not so high that it rubbed); the collar and tongue are also well padded. My heels were held firmly in place and the chunky outsole, rear foot gel technology and Karrimor's D30 mid-layer material provided plenty of shock absorption on stony and rocky ground. The sole has a deep tread pattern which gave plenty of grip on rocks and mud alike.
Waterproofness and breathability is provided by an eVent lining which worked very well. There are perforations towards the heel for even more ventilation to the foot.
The upper area is a combination of leather and synthetic material which meant the boots were lightweight and comfortable, but with a strengthened toe box for added protection.
The lacing system incorporates locking lugs so I could tighten the lower part of the boot and lock it before tightening the boots around my ankles. This is commonly found on most top quality walking boots and worked very well.
The KSB D30 Pioneer Walking Boots from Karrimor are a a joy to wear. If you enjoy regular walking trips in the The Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, Snowdonia or The Brecon Beacons - then you'll not go far wrong with a pair of these.
What do you think?
Have you got/bought Karrimor KSB D30 Pioneer eVent Walking Boots for Men and Women?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with our verdict - or feel we've neglected an important feature.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Karrimor KSB D30 Pioneer eVent Walking Boots for Men and Women - so we can publish your important views below.
• I have had the event boots 18months they have been so comfy out the box but now the stitching is coming away and they let water in ... I'm trying to contact you regarding exchange or refund
Simon Olivrt, Ackworth
• Quite simply the best pair of boots i've ever owned in my life. I was lucky enough to buy a pair of these 4 years ago and got them for about £60 on sale. They have taken me across deserts and mountains in the UAE and Oman and mountains in Spain. Durable waterproof breathable incredibly comfortable. The best boots i have ever owned. Now after nearly 5 years they are a little bit raggy but still perform!
Tom Hutchinson, Bristol
• Bought a pair of these for £60 to replace a pair of old Zamberlans. MUCH more comfortable out of the box. Better grip and shock absorption. So far walked Froggat Edge, Malham, and a few locals round Sheffield with no issues whatsoever. Apart from the fact it sticks in my gullet to put money into a dubious company like Sports Direct?...I have to say the product is excellent.
Mistral 55, Sheffield
• Wore these boots in Nepal for 2 weeks trekking, covered plenty of miles over rough ground, gained and lost a lot of altitude. They fit like a glove, I had no hot spots or blisters and they gave plenty of much needed ankle support. They gripped my feet and kept them firmly in place when on the move. They're as light as a feather which reduces lower leg muscle fatigue and brings down transportation weight. Rated 5 star and well worth investing in.
Stu Lawrence, Brecon
• Wore these boots for 3 hours in fairly damp conditions (it rained the previous day) and had to stop to wring out my socks! Shame as boots are otherwise comfy.
Sara Power, Wirral
• I find the Pioneer boots very comfortable and supportive. As said in the review they have a generous volume, I like the insoles which are profiled to hold the heel securely and are very comfortable. I have issues with my Achilles and found the boots very comfortable from the first time they were used.
Chris Quinn, Preston