Vango Viper 750
Product Review / Walking Gear Test
Viper 750 Sleeping Bag
Weight: 1.600 kg
Vango says:"The Vango flagship range of sleeping bags. Following the principals and practices of all Vango products, the Vipers live up to and beyond expectation in terms of quality and performance. Go High. Go Viper."
Features to Note:
- Temperature Rating: to -25°C
- Comfort Rating: -5°C to +15°C
- Length: 210cm
- Chest Width: 80cm
- Foot Width: 50cm
- Pack Size: 21cm Long x 8cm Diameter
- IFTH tested where temperature ratings are independently measured in accordance with EN 13537:2002
- ATC - Advance Trapezoid Construction - where angled chevron baffles prevent the down from shifting and increases thermal efficiency by slowing heat loss comparable to similar rectangular shaped baffles
- 90/10 600+ fill power down of excellent quality which provides maximum loft, warmth, performance and durability
- Differential fill providing insulation where it counts
- Polair Micro RSP shell fabric that is micro-ripstop, soft, downproof, water resistant and washable
- Polair Silky lining which is extremely cosy and comfortable, offering both insulative and wicking properties without sacrificing breathability
- 3-panel 3D hood with multi-cord closure which allows maximum adjustment thus optimising comfort as per conditions
- Insulated shoulder baffle for increased comfort and heat retention
- Internal pocket with velcro closure to keep valuables safe
- 2-way autolock zip to shut in warmth or facilitate ventilation
- Zip guard reduces risk of 'zip jam'.
- Insulated zip baffle that minimises heat loss
- 4 strap compression sac that further reduces the pack size
Vango describe the Viper 750 sleeping bag as a '4 season' bag (in line with the industry standard) and it certainly performs very well. Tested on a very cold trip to a snowy Snowdonia I was both warm and comfortable in this 'Mummy' style sleeping bag. My feet had plenty of room as did my head inside the hood, and the generous baffles formed good closure around my neck to keep all the heat in.
The two-way zip is robust and sure and ran smoothly and the close stitching and overall finish were of high quality.
As with all Vango Sleeping Bags, the stuff sac is well designed with 4 zip lock compression straps so stowing the bag into its stuff sac is quick and efficient.
The Vango Viper 750 is an excellent sleeping bag that will keep you warm through all but the harshest UK nights. Great colour, perfect for 'camping by car' and at 1600g just about light enough for backpacking.
Stop Press! If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Palm or Blackberry you can now use it to download and see this Vango Viper 750 product review and gear test with go4awalk Mobile. Simply enter www.go4awalk.com into your iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Palm or Blackberry's internet browser (e.g. Safari) and follow the on-screen links.
What do you think?
Have you got/bought Vango Viper 750 Sleeping Bags?
We would love to hear what you thought of it - good, bad or indifferent. Perhaps you simply disagree with our verdict - or feel we've neglected an important feature.
Let us know by clicking this link - What I think of Vango Viper 750 Sleeping Bags - so we can publish your important views below.
• A great sleeping bag. I've used it at 4500m in the Andes when the temperature was down to minus 8 C and had a cosy night. I've also used it zipped open as a duvet in the Peruvian jungle in temps of +30 C.
But I need to replace the stuff sac after 5 years of hard use! I looked at the size on your web site - do you really mean 20cm by 8 cm - or should that be inches???
Paula Webster, Leicester